Many women are opting to undergo a vaginal laser, making it one of the most popular office treatments in the last year. The entire procedure takes very little time, and has an incredibly low risk of possible complications.
Why Should You Want a Vaginal Laser Treatment?
Childbirth and aging can cause the loss of vaginal wall thickness, which can lead to problematic symptoms like pain with intercourse, vaginal dryness, and more.
A vaginal laser has many positive qualities that go far beyond improved sexual satisfaction, though that is an incredible benefit too. Here are some other excellent reasons why you should consider scheduling a MonaLisa Touch laser procedure:
- It increases vaginal lubrication and decreases pain with intercourse
- May restore tightness and functionality of the vaginal area
- Little to no downtime
- Treats a wide range of issues and medical conditions caused by atrophy of the vagina
- Patients can resume regular activities extremely quickly
- Remarkably improves your quality of life
- The particular treatment method chosen can be customized to the individual patient and their needs
MonaLisa Touch from Urology Specialists
Before the procedure there will be a consultation with Dr. Lauren Wood Thum to ensure that MonaLisa Touch is right for you.
MonaLisa Touch is one type of in-office vaginal procedure that uses a gentle laser to stimulate collagen production of the tissues within the vaginal wall. Typically, MonaLisa treatments consist of 3 total procedures every six weeks. All of these treatments are conducted within the doctor’s office in a matter of 5-10 minutes, and use only a topical anesthetic cream as they are virtually painless.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How quickly can patients get an appointment for MonaLisa Touch?
- Patients can get an appointment with Urology Specialists in just a few days!
- Does insurance cover the procedure?
- MonaLisa Touch is not covered by health insurance. Although there is an out of pocket cost for the MonaLisa Touch treatment, the benefits are profound and some patients have called it “life changing”.
- Is there any pre-procedure instructions?
- Before the procedure, Dr. Lauren Wood Thum recommends that patients clip their pubic hair.
- Is there any post-procedure instructions?
- Urology Specialists provides you with ice and aquaphor post-procedure. Patients should not have sexual intercourse for one week.
If you would like to learn more about MonaLisa Touch, or schedule your own vaginal laser treatment with Dr. Lauren Wood Thum, please contact our office at 605-336-0635 today!