Urology Specialist seeks to add a part-time (with a possibility for full-time), professional, self-motivated Coding Specialist.
This individual will provide guidance and training on medical coding to physicians and staff.
The Coding Specialist must have knowledge of third party billing procedures across a variety of payer systems and have specific expertise in CPT, ICD-9/ ICD-10 and HCPCS coding for a physician group- experience in Urology is a plus. Must also have a working knowledge of Evaluation and Management (E&M) coding and can conduct chart reviews using the 1995 and 1997 E&M Guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY TASKS:
• Assist in the oversight of compliance program and activities.
• Assist with establishing compliance policies in accordance with the Company’s compliance strategies and priorities, and applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes.
• Audit documentation to ensure it supports complete, accurate and compliant billing with both CMS and payer requirements.
• Track and trend audit results.
• Assist with external audits and reviews due to coding and medical necessity by analyzing risk potential, assisting in medical record collection/submission, and appealing findingsOther duties
• Answers incoming calls from patients and third party payors
• Other duties assigned by supervisor and practice administrator
Education and Experience
• Coding certifications: CPC preferred but not required.
• Two years coding experience a plus
• Experience with and exposure to compliance matters.
• Specific knowledge of the regulations and guidelines as they relate to documentation and coding.
• Superior verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Solid ability to organize and prioritize workload to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
Be a team player.
Have strong interpersonal skills.
Have excellent attention to detail.
Have strong communication skills.
Please email resume to HR@urologysd.com if you are interested in joining our team!